Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Day Two: Walk to the Library


Well, today went better than yesterday. After making dinner (soup and sandwiches, celery/peanut butter, and sliced peaches) not too bad...I bathed the kids, read a story and then was ready to crash. I played way too much with Candace and didn't schedule my time to walk. When I really felt I was motivated, there just simply wasn't time.

I appreciate the comments (Jennifer/John), they were great. I walked this morning and decided I was DEFINITELY
going to buy some good walking shoes. Any suggestions? I have liked New Balance, but if there is something that you love, let me know. I walked (w/ Tessa in stroller) to the Library. 1 1/2 miles, took us a bout 1/2 an hour...we had to stop and look at all the houses that were decorated for Halloween.

I still got a good work out and felt my blood going. I feel great. I get home and read the suggestions, which were exactly the things I was thinking were a "must" when I was walking. I had decided to walk everyday, not sure if that will be too much for me or not. I guess I'll see. Thank you for your encouragement.

1 comment:

Jan said...

I'm a big fan of Mizuno shoes -- if I have good shoes, I'm fine but without them, I get knee and leg issues. I would go to a running store and hold your breath as they aren't cheap - but they are well worth it. It will be a good investment. Tell them what you want to do and ask them for help in picking a shoe.