Thursday, October 23, 2008

Day Four: Oh, Snot-cicles!

Well, walking was MUCH better today, I have new shoes! It was a toss-up between the Mizuno's and Saucony's, the price was the same...so I went with Saucony. I took your advice (Jan) and went to a running/shoe store and had a foot analysis done...THANK YOU!

He was able to determine why the balls of my feet and my heels ache. I learned more about myself (from a complete stranger) in under 5 minutes. VERY COOL.

So, today was a FREEZING 32 degrees. I'm such a baby...I don't KNOW what I'm going to do when it actually starts snowing regularly. Anyhow, we did a brisk 1.3 miles in 20 minutes flat. I'm pretty pleased with that. Google maps said it should take 24 minutes, so I'll take that little victory!

I would've liked to have walked more if I didn't fear that someone might call child protective services on me. So, there is little Tessa all bundled up w/ a blanket on top of her, in her "Ralphie, I can't put my arms down" coat. (a christmas story reference) For my kid that has a chronic runny nose, I should've brought some Kleenex! Oh well, she had snot-cicles on her face by the time we got back to the car. I'm determined to buy one of these babies (plastic cover for the stroller).

I hope this will at least help my poor, freezing child out. I guess if it gets too cold, I'll just go to the mall. It's really close, I just enjoy being outside and I'm not too fond of the thought of being pushed around the track by seniors that are doing their daily laps.

Oh well, maybe tomorrow will be warmer (yeah, right). I better enjoy this weather for as long as I can...it'll be a blizzard out there soon enough!

1 comment:

Jan said...

Yay for you for getting the shoes taken care of -- it will make a huge difference to you. Now to get the weather under control, right!? I'm a cold weather hater -- maybe the mall? I see lots of people mall-walking when I there at random times -- it's warm and lots of fun stuff to look at -- if it isn't too far. A thought, anyhow.

Just keep on. You're doing it!! Yay!