Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Weigh-In-Wednesday

So, here goes. I can't believe I'm doing this. Aside from a bikini, this is basically one of my most un-flattering outfits. But, hey, that's the point, right? Don't be jealous...you too can look like me if you eat whatever you want whenever you want! ;)

Well, it's discouraging to look at, but here is the dreaded number. I've decided it's just that, a number. It's no longer (in my self reflection) going to define who I am. So, I'm letting it all go today.

Starting Weight: 224
Current Weight: 219
Goal Weight: 150
Started counting carbs-not Atkins (watching salt, sugar & fat): January 6th

I'd be happy to post what I'm doing (diet-wise) for any that are interested. I'm basically just doing a diabetic diet b/c that is something that I am so fearful of. We have such a family history of it and with being "borderline" diabetic during pregnancy, I'm pretty much going to get it...it's just a matter of when. With good diet and exercise I can stave it off for another 14 + years.

Thanks for your words of encouragement. I'm so excited to get going. I meet with my nutritionist on February 9th...here's hoping she will be happy to see a "little less" of me!

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am really proud of you Carrie! Good luck on this journey. Congrats on the weight loss!

Ame said...

Carrie, you are so honest and brave. I am newly inspired. I am learning that being honest with ME is the only way I can live authentically, and look at you, putting that concept into action! Care if we borrow your idea? :) I'll be following!

Jan said...

I love you, Carrie! You can do this. And you might be interested to know that I topped out (years ago now) at 239 lb. and I would never have had the courage to post it publicly or even allow pics to be taken. You can do it and I will do anything I can to help.

Yay for you!! xoxo

Nicole@Thrifty Decorating said...

Thank you so much for stopping by Thrifty Decorating and for your VERY kind comments!

I read your blog post and just want to encourage you....Last Jan. my husband and I started an exercise plan and we are still doing it....it was SO VERY DIFFICULT to get up and exercise...especially when it was dark and cold....and I was even IN the house...but it really does become a lifestyle...

Good luck! You'll have lots of accountability online! :)

Lynette said...

Congratulations on what you've lost so far!! :)

It's hard for us moms to take care of ourselves, but so very, very important. If you get discouraged, think of those cute girls of yours and how happy they'll be to have a happy, healthy mother for a long, long time. :)

Alison Agnew said...

Saw your comment on Thrifty Decorating and wanted to stop by. Losing weight is the most challenging thing. Exactly a year ago I started my diet for much the same reason as you...diabetes in the family and fear of developing it myself.

I used freedieting.org to figure out a daily calorie amount, kept a journal and started walking for exercise. After 6 months I lost 45 lbs and have managed to keep most of it off.

You can totally do this and I look forward to seeing your progress.

Blessings,

Alison

Aarin and Steven said...

Carrie!! You are the most adorable person ever! You can do this!! Love ya!